We are currently seeking a legal administrative assistant, and are considering both entry-level candidates and candidates with legal office experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining two or more years of law firm experience before going to law school.
- Excellent academic record
- Interest in public interest law
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to make 2-year commitment
- Some work experience preferred but not required
Duties/Description of Job:
- Supporting 3-5 attorneys
- Formatting, finalizing, and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts
- Calendaring hearing dates and due dates
- Conducting intake of attorney mail
- Coding and transmitting documents for file room
- Making travel arrangements
- Organizing files and documents
- Preparing letters, memos, etc.
- Performing other duties as needed
We offer a salary that is competitive with public interest and non-profit firms and commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and, in addition to 12 holidays, 2 weeks per year vacation to start and 3 weeks after 18 months. We operate in a true team environment while working on cases that make a difference.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and transcript in Word or PDF format to Meredith Pelrine at email@example.com. Please put “Response to Legal Administrative Assistant Ad” as the subject line of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be considered.