We are seeking an entry-level litigation assistant. This is a two-year position, and would be an especially good opportunity for those considering pursuing a career in law.
- Excellent academic record
- Interest in public interest law
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to make 2-year commitment
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license preferred but not required
- Some prior work experience preferred but not required; prior legal experience not required
Duties/Description of Job:
- Assisting with trial preparation
- Organizing and summarizing documents
- Conducting research, especially online
- Checking format and content of citations
- Interacting with clients, especially via phone, email, and in person
- Potentially participating on courtroom trial team, depending on firm needs
- Potentially attending labor-management collective bargaining negotiations, depending on firm needs
- Performing administrative tasks
- Performing other duties as needed
We offer a salary that is competitive with public interest and non-profit firms. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and, in addition to 12 holidays, 2 weeks per year vacation to start and 3 weeks after 18 months. We operate in a true team environment while working on cases that make a difference.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and transcript in Word or PDF format to Meredith Pelrine at email@example.com. Please put “Response to Litigation Assistant Ad” as the subject line of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be considered.